San Diego is one of the most populated cities in America, so it is no surprise that car accidents are common. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 1,120 car accidents in San Diego in 2016. This translates to an accident every 2 hours and a car accident every 12 minutes.
There are factors that can contribute to a car accident. If you have been involved in a car accident and have questions about legal rights, get in touch with an experienced car accident lawyer San Diego. The lawyer understands your rights properly and what to do next.
Causes of Car Accidents
Brake failure can cause accidents. Brakes are an important safety feature in vehicles, and they should be tested regularly to make sure they are working properly. If your brakes fail, you may not be able to halt your vehicle in time before it crashes.
Recently, there have been several car accidents in San Diego that have resulted in lighting system failures. As a result, many drivers have had to use their headlights as their only illumination source. When your primary means of seeing where you’re going is suddenly unavailable, this can lead to dangerous situations and even fatal.
When a car turns, the steering wheel and the tires must work together to keep the car on the road. But the car can become uncontrollable if something goes wrong with either of those parts. Steering failure is the most common cause of car accidents. Here are a few ways it can happen:
1) A malfunctioning or worn suspension can make it hard for the driver to feel how much they’re turning the wheel. This can lead to them accidentally turning too far and causing a crash.
2) If an airbag sensor malfunctions, it may not trigger until after a crash. This means that even if there’s something wrong with the steering, drivers may only know about it after they crash.
When a car accident happens, it can cause many different types of injuries. If the driver of the other vehicle was negligent in any way, this could lead to serious legal problems for them. One of the examples of car accidents that can cause driver negligence:
Driving too fast or recklessly:
If you’re driving too fast, you’re putting yourself and other drivers in danger. Reckless driving also includes driving without regard for your surroundings or the safety of others.
Drinking and driving:
Drinking and driving can increase your risk of getting into an accident. Not only will you be less likely to avoid one if it happens, but your injuries could also be more severe if you get into a crash.
In San Diego in 2018 alone, alcohol was implicated in over 3 million crashes, resulting in over 34,000 deaths. More alarming is that drinking and driving continue to be a leading cause of deadly accidents. In 2022, NHTSA predicts that alcohol will be involved in 52 percent of all fatal crashes.
Why Contact A Car Accident Lawyer?
When a person is in a car accident, he may feel confused, frightened, and alone. A car accident lawyer can help them understand their rights and options and support them during the legal process. Here are some of the advantages of contacting a lawyer after an accident:
- A lawyer can help you claim compensation from the at-fault party.
- A lawyer can help you negotiate a settlement with the other party.
- If you choose to go to court, a lawyer can represent your case and get you the best possible result.
- A lawyer can help you understand your rights and what steps you need to take to maximize those rights.
- A lawyer can also guide how to avoid future car accidents.
- A car accident lawyer in San Diego can provide support throughout the entire process, from the time of the accident through any resulting litigation.
If you are involved in a car accident, contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Legal representation can help ensure your rights are protected and can help get you the compensation you deserve.