Mobile phones have become a huge part of our life over the years. Mobile phones now have many other uses other than for communication. They have now evolved to replace landline phones. A mobile phone has also become a handheld camera, radio, computer, etc.
With the increasing demand for mobile phones, the demand for mobile apps increases. Along with the widespread popularity of mobile phones came the development of mobile apps by a creative services team.
The services that mobile phones and mobile apps provide are plenty. The time spent doing services has reduced with the increasing popularity of mobile phones and apps. This is because these services are now easily accessed at the tip of our fingertips.
Mobile App User Interaction
App interactions can make or break the user’s experience with the app. This forms a crucial part of your app’s user interface. This is the reason why an app exists in the first place. If you get even one design aspect wrong, this can hinder your app usability.
Nonetheless, you cannot really know what a quality mobile interaction design looks like. Users can quickly get tired of burdensome content. This includes buttons being in the wrong spot or illogical animations.
A usage process that is smooth and effortless for users demonstrates a product of good design. Mobile apps are expected to be easy to use. They should be effectively used anytime and in any place and should also have an attractive creative sign design.
A designer should be able to create an intuitive interface. It should also have good website graphics which can guide users in the app. It should be able to help them operate its functionality without a problem.
A recent pew internet project survey shows that 85% of adults are mobile phone users. 35% of adults have phones with apps. But, only two-thirds of them use the installed apps.
Previous phones had heavy, colorless screens, and were only for calling and messaging. Modern mobile phones are now mainly smartphones. They now have useful apps and are capable of doing what a computer can do.
14 Best Tips to Improve User Interaction
A great interaction design should be welcoming and instructive. It should help users to figure out how to operate the mobile app. It should also feel natural. These qualities are obtained through hard work, lots of practice, and a lot of patience during design development.
Some of the Best Practices to Improve User Interaction:
Keep it simple
- Don’t make it complex. The app must carefully alert users on each phase of the app experience. The creative services team should point users in the desired direction. Using contrasting colors is also a must so that users can identify important buttons.
Create a unique and efficient interaction design
- Do not copy the same interaction design and visual strategy from another app. You should also make sure that it works on android, apple, and windows or on any other operating systems. Take your time to study and research a particular interface.
Create a clean user interface
- Designers should figure out a way to include all contents in a small space. They should do this without cluttering the UI. A clean UI and creative sign design can help users to effectively and easily interact with the app.
- Users should be able to adjust to your app’s environment. An app without logic and sequence will only frustrate users. The app not responding to the needs of the user is equally annoying too.
Include familiar patterns
- A well-designed app should have a UI that can be used intuitively. It should contain patterns that are recognizable by users. Those are the elements that the users are already familiar with like an “add to cart” button.
Consider how the phone is held
- There are three common ways to hold a phone. One is by holding the phone with one hand and navigating it by thumb.
- Another is by holding it with one hand and navigating with the other.
- The last one is holding it with both hands and navigating with both thumbs.
- You should remove as many overbearing features as possible in your app. Try to only apply core functional elements. This will let users easily get to the main point. Its simplicity will help users to focus on your app’s purpose.
Include game-like mechanics
- Bring some emotional aspects to the app if it looks ordinary at first glance. Gamifying an app can motivate users. This can be achieved by including features like various challenges and rewards. Boards and stickers can also be added.
- Mobile apps serve as problem-solving assistants so they should be ergonomically designed. This means that the creative services team should only apply core functions.
- Having a consistent design will assure users that they are using the same app after an update. A consistent navigation system will provide a consistent user experience.
- Animated transitions can create a seamless flow when moving from one page to another. Do not place animations and website graphics without prior user action. They should be placed in such a way that users can understand how to do an action.
Always ask for in-context permission
- Users don’t want to see multiple permission popups when they open your app. An app should be able to keep in touch with users to maintain engagement. Do this before asking for multiple permissions.
Consider the orientation
- Consider how your users would use your app. Will they use it in landscape mode or portrait mode? The majority of designers test their apps in portrait mode alone. But, you should test your apps in both modes.
Test the app
- Usability testing is an essential stage in creating mobile apps. This is usually done at the user experience building stage. This will allow the designers to identify problems and bugs so they can quickly fix them.
Importance of Improving User Interaction
A user’s interaction with your app paired with user gestures can make or break your app. Both of them form a crucial part of your app’s UI which is the reason why your app exists. Getting even one of them wrong can seriously hinder your product’s usability.
Improving your app’s user interaction can increase your revenue. It can also improve customer loyalty and increase time to market.
Improving user interaction is important to meet your users’ expectations. It will also support the effective functionality of your site.
Improving your user interaction can improve relationships with your users. It can also increase customer conversion and sales. More importantly, it will help you fix any potential problems.